Don’t Lose Your Soul
Many of us in the modern world suffer from something I like to call ‘disconnected syndrome’. This is a general loss of direction, mission, purpose, balance and connection with the inner self.
If you feel some of the symptoms it’s time to make space and make some external changes in your
life to focus on the inner/true self. Start by creating conditions that will allow you to liven up your soul.
Once you begin to reconnect you recognize the potential for more joy and ordinary life begins to grow from within. See a great piece by Lissa Rankin MD, originally featured on Wake Up World
NOT SURE IF YOU’RE SUFFERING FROM SOUL LOSS?
Here are 20 diagnostic signs that signal soul loss:
1. You feel like you’re not as good as other people.
2. You yearn to be of service, but you have no idea what you have to contribute and why it matters.
3. You find yourself striving in vain for an impossible-to-achieve standard of perfection.
4. Your fears keep you from living large.
5. You’re frequently worried that you’re not good enough, smart enough, thin enough, young enough, [fill in the blank] enough.
6. You feel like a victim of circumstances that are beyond your control.
7. You feel like your daily life is meaningless and task-driven.
8. You often feel helpless, hopeless, or pessimistic.
9. You protect your heart with steel walls.
10. You often feel you don’t really matter and your love doesn’t make a difference.
11. You’re always trying to fit in and belong, but you rarely feel like you do.
12. You feel beaten down by the challenges you face in your life.
13. You suffer from a variety of vague, hard to treat physical symptoms, such as fatigue, chronic pain, weight gain or loss, insomnia, skin disorders, or gastrointestinal symptoms.
14. You struggle with being able to accept love and nurturing.
15. You feel depressed, anxious, or chronically worried.
16. You feel like you’re not appreciated enough.
17. You find yourself often judging others.
18. You frequently numb yourself with alcohol, drugs, sex, television, or excessive busyness.
19. You feel disappointed with life.
20. You’ve forgotten how to dream.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!